Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
The London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games gave us an opportunity to inspire the nation to enjoy sport. The government wants to secure a significant and lasting legacy from the games, and to develop children’s enjoyment of sport and physical activity from an early age. As a result they have provided additional funding of £150 million per annum for academic years 2013 to 2014 and 2014 to 2015 to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools.
We believe that sport should be an important part of our school. Great schools have long known that sporting excellence and participation, alongside strong cultural opportunities, go hand in hand with high academic standards.
Schools, teachers and sporting bodies all agree that particular support is required for primary schools and this funding is provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport.
We are using our PE and Sport Grant to improve our provision and to inspire our children not only to participate now but to develop a lifelong enjoyment of physical activity and sport. We already have wonderful facilities for indoor and outdoor PE and have decided to spend our grant on:
- Hiring qualified sports coaches to work with teachers when teaching PE
- Paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- Providing cover to release teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- Running sport competitions and increasing pupils’ participation in the School Games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sports
Full details of how much PE and Sport Grant we have received and exactly how we are spending it can be seen in the download document at the bottom of this page.