Hampshire County Council Catering Service - HC3S is the largest provider of school meals in Hampshire. They supply hot and cold nutritional meals to 445 primary schools across the county and their staff provide an excellent service at our school.
Each day our children can choose from a meat/fish or vegetarian hot meal.
The menu is changed after Easter and October half term every year and is nut free. Click the link below to go to the hc3s primary school menu and you can even follow their page on Facebook to get updates: https://www.hants.gov.uk/educationandlearning/hc3s/primaryschools/menu
The school operates a No Debt Policy for school meals. Therefore, payment for school meals must be made in advance. The current meal price is £2.40 and parents can pay for school meals on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. Dinner money can be paid in cash or by cheque, sent into school in an envelope labelled with the child/ren’s name/s. Alternatively parents can pay for school dinners using our online payment facility which can be accessed from the quick link on our website home page.
Free School Meals
Universal free school meals are available to all children in Years R, 1 and 2. In addition children in Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 whose parents/guardians are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits can apply for Free School Meals:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers' Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual gross income, of no more than £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs
There is a new online service, which enables you to check your own eligibility for free school meals, or you can check on behalf of someone else. To complete a check you will need the following information for yourself, or the person you are checking on behalf of:
- Name, home address and email address
- National Insurance Number or National Asylum Support Service reference number
- Child's name, date of birth and school
To use the online checking service, or to find out more about Free School Meals from the HC3S website, click here – https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/hants